Every January, we all feel so inspired to pick out resolutions that banish all our vices which will ideallyleave us with the perfect version of ourselves. And every January, it feels a little too good to be true. Although there is something to be said for making it one week on a diet, what about 3 months from now? Chances are you’ll lose the spark to keep going. So, we created a list of 6tips that will help you stay on track with your goals year-round.
- Break your goal into smaller bite-sized Every month aim to complete one of those chunks. As the months go by you’re able to consistently work towards the ultimate goal without feeling overwhelmed by trying to do it all at once.
- Book time in your monthly or weekly schedule to work on those baby steps. When it’s planned for you to be meeting a friend at the gym on certain days, you have fewer opportunities to chicken out.
- At the end of each month do a goals audit to see if you’re on track. Did you complete the baby step that needed to be done this month? Do you know what the next step is and are you prepared? Take some time to really evaluate how you did and how you can improve.
- Let a friend keep you accountable. Maybe you’re both not so great at sticking to a goal plan. Keep each other in the loop of your baby steps to complete each month and stay on top of each other.
- Don’t quit the whole process if you mess up one month. Say you lost control of your priorities in February and now you’ll be a step behind in March. So, what? No one said reaching your goals was going to be easy. It sucks butkeep moving forward.
- Don’t compare your journey to others. They may have lost more weight than you, but you don’t know how long they’ve been working on that journey from the inside. Just keeps your eyes on your own prize and send good vibes to those reaching for their own.
You don’t need to put an immense amount of pressure on yourself to achieve your goals. You just have to want it enough to make the baby steps part of your daily priorities. You can get what you want, but there will be struggles on the way. Learn to accept that life is a journey and you only get what you want by moving forward.